CHRISTA KAY is a very clean and well equipped 481 Sedan with twin 380 hp Cummins Electronic Diesels and an Underwater Exhaust system. She features both Bow and Stern Thrusters to make docking and tight quarters maneuvering easy. Her optional African Cherry interior is warm, rich and pleasing. The yacht has a great electronics package on both upper and lower helm stations.
This Howard Appolonio design makes for a great running yacht with a conventional modified V-hull with 18 degrees of dead rise aft, a well flared bow, a keel for stability, and a relatively wide 15' beam. The underwater exhaust system makes her run quiet and clean without diesel fumes.
Her galley-up floor plan features a spacious main salon with large windows, two comfortable staterooms and two heads. Her large cockpit is partially shaded by the bridge deck overhang but still very suitable for fishing. The flybridge deck is huge with the helm station forward, dinghy storage aft and seating for eight.
Call us today to inspect this fine yacht!
Walking up to CHRISTA KAY you immediately notice how her gelcoat shines and the stainless steel is polished and of high quality. Walking to her transom you enter on a 42 inch swim platform with an integrated swim ladder. The transom gate opens into a large 9x15 foot cockpit with an engine room access hatch on centerline.
Entering the salon you have a large settee to starboard which makes into a double berth and another settee to port. The port side has a nice high/low table with stools below making seating for dinner for four. Forward to port is the galley with a U-line refrigerator freezer undercounter, a two burner electric cooktop on the forward countertop and a large convection / microwave oven below. The large sink is outboard in this U shaped galley. There is ample storage and counter space in the galley.
The lower helm station is to starboard adjacent to the galley with a complete set of electronics and great visibility and a sliding door to the starboard side deck. This allows the singlehander or the short handed captain the assist when coming into the dock on the starboard side. The bow and stern thruster system will have you docking like a rock star in short order!
Moving forward you have the guest stateroom to port with a large berth and the guest head with stall shower is adjacent across the passageway. The owner's stateroom with her large island Queen bed and ample storage below is forward. The owner has an ensuite head as well.
Going up the molded stairway from the cockpit to the bridge you have a large boat deck and flybridge with seating for 6-8 people. The bimini top is brand new and the upholstery is in great shape. There are redundant electronics on the bridge. The Broker System Davit system makes loading a dingy a breeze.
Entering the engine room from the cockpit you first enter a large lazarette area with a washer dryer, generator, large storage box and easy access to the steering and autopilot. Going into the engine room you find a clean and tidy bright white engine room with transverse fuel tanks forward, your engines fuel system is on the forward bulkhead. The engine room is spacious and laid out for easy access to all sides of the engines. The salon floor hatches are removable for major maintenance.
The main salon is spacious with great headroom and comfortable seating. This is a great place to sit and socialize or play cards and enjoy your friends. The galley is U-shaped to port and the lower helm station is to starboard with a sliding door to the side deck. The high rails and wide walkaround decks make this a very safe yacht and easy to navigate.
- Beautiful African Cherry joinery throughout!
- High/Low table attached to the salon sole with thumb screws for easy removal to allow the table to be moved to the cockpit for al fresco dining
- Settee to starboard makes a great double guest berth.
- Port settee seats two with storage below
- Custom ottoman / seats with storage for dining for four adults, custom built receiver for the seats below the table
- McKinna Electrical panel with 120 VAC and 12 VDC
- Garmin 3010 C GPS Chartplotter, depth sounder, and Radar
- Raymarine Digital Depth sounder
- Raymarine Autopilot
- Magnavox Flat Screen TV
- Webasto Central Hydronic diesel heating system throughout the yacht.
- Cabin heater from the engine
- Flatscreen TV with Custom Mount
- Bose Theater System with DVD player & Bose Speakers
- Kenyon two burner cooktop
- GE Profile Convection Microwave
- Large sink with Grohe faucet
- Ample storage
- Expansive CORIAN counters for serving and preparing meals
- U-LINE undercounter refirgerator freezer
The Owner's Stateroom is forward with a centerline Island Queen Bed. There is a large storage area under the hinged mattress. There is an ensuite head in the owner's stateroom. The stateroom has two hanging lockers and ample drawer storage.
- Large Queen Centerline Island Bed
- Two hanging lockers
- Ample drawer storage
- Reading lights
- Four port lights
- One hatch with screen and privacy shade
- Ensuite Head
The Guest Stateroom has a double bed with the guest head and shower adjacent to starboard.
- Double bed
- Head and stall shower
- Hanging locker
- Drawer storage
- Port light
- Overhead hatch with privacy shade
Electronics repeated on both the bridge and lower helm stations
- Sidepower Bow and Stern Thurster controllers
- Garmin 3210C GPS Chartplotter, Depth Sounder, Radar displays
- Raymarine Autopilot
- Raymarine Depth Sounder
- Garmin GDL 30 Weather Radio Satellite Receiver
- Engine Room Camara
- Ritchie Compass
- Onan 9 kw Generator with Sound Shield Enclosure
- 2500 Watt Heart Inverter / Charger System
- Charles Isolation transformer
- Two 30 amp Shore-power cords
- 30 amp Automatic Battery Charger
- 12 volt /110 volt lighting
- Battery Combiner
- 4-D Generator Starting Battery
The Lazarette and engine room are entered from the cockpit hatch. The large lazarette is spacious and has the batteries (house, engine and generator starting) two water tanks, a combo Washer Dryer unit, and the generator. There is easy access to the steering, auto pilot and rudders behind the genset.
- Onan 9.0 K.W Genset
- Washer Dryer Combination unit
- 200 gallons water in two tanks
- Large storage box with spare engine maintenance parts
- Charles Industries Isolation transformers for 120VAC shore power
The engine room is accessed from the lazarette. It is gel-coated in white with easy access to the outboard sides of the engines due to the mid-ship transverse placement of the ALUMINUM fuel tanks. The tanks have clean outs on the top of the tanks and drains at the bottom of each tank, with an equalizing hose between the tanks.
- Twin CUMMINS QSB-5.9 Electronic Diesels 380 hp with 1020 hours
- Twin Racor 900 Fuel Filters
- Shaft Brushes galvanic grounding system
- Battery combiner
- Two Transverse aluminum fuel tanks with total of 700 GALLONS
- Sight Gauges marked for remaining gallons of fuel
- Automatic Fire Suppression System
The Flybridge is accessed by a molded stairway for safe easy access.
- 800 lb Brower Systems 12 volt Dinghy Davit
- 42 inch swim platform with swim ladder
- Transom door
- Hot and cold ockpit shower
- Fresh water hose bib
- Two 30A 125V AC receptacles on transom plus TV and Cable Inlet
- Trim Tabs
- Fresh Water Wash-down Fore & Aft Deck
- Hot & Cold Transom Shower
- Fender Storage Racks
- Bimini Top with oversized stainless tubing
- Shaft line cutters
- Maxwell Windlass with up and down with additional remote
- Custom McKinna Stainless Steel anchor roller/receiver
- 45 Lb. CQR Stainless Steel Anchor
- 275 feet of chain
1. Bow and Stern Thrusters to making docking safe and easy
2. Very clean engine room with low hours on twin Cummins 380 h.p. Electronic Diesels
3. Large cockpit, swim platform and transom door
4. Complete upper and lower helm stations
5. Two nice heads and stall shower
6. Large flat foredeck with stainless steel safety rails.
7. Underwater exhaust on both Cummins main engines and Generator exhaust.
8. Large Boat deck with Brower Systems electric dinghy davit
9. Garmin 3010C at both helm stations, Raymarine Autopilot and Depth Sounder
10. Webasto Hydronic diesel central heating system
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyer should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht, and should instruct his agents, or his surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.